Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm a fan of dead trees, generally speaking.

I've been kinda jonesin' for some magazine subscriptions lately. I have a great walk-in closet in my apartment  that's the perfect place to curl up with tea and some fashion mags. But I don't particularly want to pay for them.

A little googling later and I found Recycle Bank. Basically you PROMISE that you'll be greener (energy saving, eating organic expensive food) and you get points for every quiz and every pledge. I racked up the points quite quickly and now I have a subscription to Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, InStyle, People, and Cosmo. Yeah, the Cosmo is mostly for lols. And to rip out articles and leave them around my sister's house so that when she's home alone and she finds them, she gets really really embarrassed. After the embarrassment passes she'll be all, "179 new ways to ***REDACTED***??? I only knew 173!" And she'll get really excited in more ways than one.



Anyway, if you want to learn more about being green and, ironically enough, order LOADS of dead trees in the mail printed with pictures of pretty dresses, check out Recycle Bank (referral link). HINT: Check out the EcoAcademy to get loads of points very quickly.

No comments: