Thursday, November 03, 2011

I want to be 23 forever (too late)

So, when I was getting ready for work the other day, I noticed how my concealer was kinda settling into some fine lines under my eye. Now, I am 100% certain that I'm the only person who can see them, but still... they could get bigger! I also have the hints of a line on my forehead.

I used to use eye cream 2x daily. I used to use a night cream. I've been pretty slack. I don't even own an eye cream and I couldn't find my night cream.

So, I've purchased some new facial products. Can't review them because I haven't been using them long, but I certainly feel superior to others who are not using anti-aging products at 26. (jk)



Skin Care Routine:
  • AM Cleanser: Equate Daily Renewal Cleanser (Compare to Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser Does a decent job. I think I might prefer L'Oreal RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser. But that's because it's creamier. I have dry skin.
  • PM Cleanser: Up & Up Daily Cleansing Cloths (Compare to Biore Cleansing Cloths). I know I know. I'm lazy as hell. I ought to use these to take off makeup and then use my regular cleanser, but, like I said, I'm lazy as hell.


  • Exfoliant (I use this maybe 1-2x monthly. AM only): Mary Kay Microdermabrasion This stuff is the best exfoliant evar.

  • Prescription products: Walgreens Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (Compare to Clean & Clear Persa-Gel) This works okay. When it runs out, I might try tea tree oil.

  • Serum: Up & Up Daily Moisture Serum (compare to Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum)

  • Eye Cream: Equate Anti-wrinkle & Firming Eye Cream (Compare to L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Advanced Revitalift Eye Cream.) The fact that this doesn't have a Total Beauty pages is doing it no favors in my book.
    - I also have Mary Kay – Indulge Soothing Eye Gel. It's supposed to be for puffiness under your eyes. I don't usually have that. I don't use it often. It feels nice.

  • AM Moisturizer: Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 (Compare to Olay Complete Daily Defense Moisturizer). I honestly toyed with getting the Anti-wrinkle lotion as well. I just didn't want to seem crazy.
  • PM Moisturizer: Pond's Dry Skin Cream. Seriously, this tub lasts a while. It's cheap and it does the job. I slather it an at night and my skin is soft in the morning.

I want to look like I'm in my 20's for as long as possible. I'm a little freaked out about getting closer to 30. I've also jumped back into my gym routine and I'm trying to skip the chip aisle more often. My colleagues all say that their bodies slowly expanded starting at 30. I am resolved that not be my fate.

P.S. If you are unsure of the order in which to apply your skin care products, Total Beauty's guide is bookmarked on my computer. Because I always forget. Even when I do it daily.

No comments: