Sunday, July 12, 2009

My new job!!

Finally, a full update on my job.

First of all, how I got the job is pretty cool. I called the RuffleJob on Monday to inquire where to e-mail my resume; I think in the ad that I had gotten in my e-mail, it didn't say where to send resumes. I ended up talking with the RuffleOwner for about 30 minutes. She had been interviewing a lot of people and she was concerned about finding the right person for the job, because they would be working very closely with her. She liked how I sounded and asked me to come in for an interview that afternoon! A resounding "Yes!" and I headed over to South Park that afternoon.

When I got to the interview, first, RuffleOwner showed me around the office, the stock room, etc. Then, I interviewed with her and the COO. It was my very first formal interview and I did a lot of "umms." I was really nervous!!! I tried to be as professional, honest, myself as I possibly could. RuffleOwner asked me a lot of questions that I should've expected and a lot of questions that I didn't see coming at all! I was there for about an hour talking with the two of them. I thought I did O.K. They said I would hear from them the next day! So soon, because they really were in need of someone to fill this position. I called Dadders to let him know how it went. I felt somewhat confident. Although, I got home and told my roommate that they were "totally going to hire me! ... because I'm Awesome!" but, really, I was a little nervous. Especially when RuffleOwner didn't call on Tuesday. Or Wednesday. I thought about calling them, but I didn't know how soon would be too soon. What are the rules for this stuff? Anyway, but that point I was freaking out and telling Boyfriend they hired someone else and why couldn't I get a job! I'd been applying for jobs all summer and no luck. ANYWHERE. Not even Wal-Mart. (Though, I really don't want to work at Wal-Mart. Ever.)

RuffleOwner me on Wednesday, late afternoon, though I didn't get it until Thursday morning at about 9am. She let me know that they'd had difficultly making the decision. She was disappointed that I hadn't called on that day or the day before, but she figured I was just being patient. After having some time to think about it, did I still really want the job? Can I give myself 110%? Definite "yes" from me and I emailed her back immediately. She called me back within about 15 minutes to offer me the position.

HOLY CRAP! I almost fell out of my chair. We discussed a few things, such as when I would work and things like that. My first day would be the following Monday.

Okay, well it's been a week since that happened. I can't believe it's only been a week! The week seems like it went by really fast and really slow all at the same time. Weird.

What I do: right know, I'm helping them catch up on orders. I'm learning how to get orders from the system and fill them. How to fill wholesale orders. Learning different computer programs. Learning where Fedex is located (just kidding. I had to drop off some packages after work. Fedex is about 2 miles away on my way home. Everything is pre-paid from the office, so I just drop it off). I'm learning more and more about the product and getting to know the details, like what fabrics we have, what is sold out and what's on back order.

So, that's what I did this past week. I have a lot more to learn, that was just order fulfillment. I also am going to be working with customer service and sales and some other things soon. I'm never bored; there is always something to do. Most of all, the RuffleBosses are really great and I enjoy working with both of them. I enjoy going to work every day. I'm looking forward to when I get to work full days! That will be relatively soon; as soon as classes are out, on the 21st.

I'm sure I'll have lots more to blog about what with all I'll be learning and the new stuff I get to do. Hopefully I won't be away too long! I have a tendency to forget to blog for weeks at a time. Forgive me. I'll try to blog a little at least once a week. It's not just for you. It's for me, too. I like going back in my archives and seeing what I was up to. It's interesting.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: