Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday 5: Souvenirs


When you travel, what kinds of souvenirs do you like to bring home for yourself?
I collect shot glasses. My collection is low. A college dorm isn't the best place for shot glasses. A few have been broken. Fallen off tables and things like that. (my shot glasses are cooler than those-->)


Is there a certain kind of souvenir you always bring back for a particular someone?I always bring Tiffasaurus Rex a spoon. That's her thing. Spoons. Yeah, we're in to dining souvenirs, right?









Of the souvenirs you’ve collected from your travels, what are some that have special meaning for you?
I don't actually thing have anything too special. Isn't that sad? Oh wait! I have Rocky the Trilobite. He is a good friend of mine. I am teaching him to tell riddles so he can trick people at parties. (P.S. He is much more attractive than the trilobite in that photo, but he is a little camera shy...)



What’s the silliest souvenir you’ve brought back for yourself, or what’s the silliest souvenir someone has brought back for you?Someone once brought me some Kindereggs from Germany! I was so happy because I loved them as a child. They have fun tiny toys inside.




If you were going to send someone a souvenir from places you visited today, what might it be? I could see if there were spoons in the BAC gift shop (there aren't). Or I could go downtown Belmont and find something funky. I bet there is a gift shop in Belmont that has spoons. Or shot glasses.



Play with us!

5 comments:

The Social Frog said...

I love collecting spoons :)

bundleocontradictions said...

How interesting I should come upon this post. My Poor Hubby is starting a new career that involves lots of travel & I made him promise to get me souvenirs from each of the new states he winds up in. I told him to "choose something that seems like me", but he made a face @ my snowglobe suggestion, so I don't know what he'll come up with!

Indigo said...

I collect postcards from where ever I go, of course, I have yet to organize said postcards.

Here via the Mingle!

Le laquet said...

I always bring my next-door neighbour a thimble when I go away as she "house sits" ... it's become a challenge to find a different one as she has 100s.

Here to mingle.

Sockpuppet said...

I'm flying my Mingle flag... I usually ask for postcards and have rec'd an ornament with beach items in it, sand, a tiny bucket,etc.