Monday, July 21, 2008

On Which The World Hangs

I'm working on some girlification. I visited my sister and she convinced me to be a girl. Okay, well, yes. I already am a girl. But I visited her and got girlie'd up and felt so pretty! Lol. So, I'll be working on my hair this week. I'm going to work on the cut a little more and then later this week I'll be doing the color.

So, I decided to give myself some nice, long, asymmetrical bangs. I did this on Friday night. (My life is so exciting!) I was actually about to go to bed and I thought, hmm, I think I'll cut my bangs now. Don't worry, it wasn't a complete spur of the moment thing. I had been looking up a lot of stuff online that day on how to do it right so I didn't look like a complete idiot. See below the last pic for a link to where I learned.

I think I did an OK job; what say you, Dear Reader?



This is in the bathroom, pre-bangs. You'll notice the complete lack of an actual hairstyle. Actually, this is my least favorite picture. Yuck!


Another pre-bangs photo. I think my hair looks less crappy in this.

--INSERT PHOTOS OF ME CUTTING BANGS HERE--

Okay, so I forgot to take any pictures. I was going to fake some, but by the time I remembered, I was in bed and lazy.


Yay! New bangs!!!! I love 'em! Okay, I look kinda goofy in this picture but the smile is so cute, I just had to keep it.


Another shot. They don't really cover my eyes that much. I just wanted to show off the cut.


With my hair pulled back so you can see the bangs all by their lonesome. They came out exactly how I wanted them. Nice, long, and asymmetrical. :-D

Props go out to fafinettex3, aka Aubrey, for showing me how to cut my bangs!!!! More to come on the girlification of Stargirl including the new hair color, using a flat iron, and make up! Have you ever seen me in make-up? Not too often, I would guess.



Bangs by TMBG

Bangs
Above your eyes your hair hangs
Blow my mind, your royal flyness
I dig your bangs
Bangs
To drape across your forehead
To swing concordant angles
As you incline your head

And although I liked you anyway, check out your haircut:
A proscenium to stage a face that needs no makeup.

Bangs (bangs)
Are that on which the world hangs (bangs)
I'm only holding your hand (bangs)
So I can look at your
Bangs

Bangs (bangs)
Are like a pocket t-shirt (bangs)
As casual as that while fully intentional (bangs)

And in case you think I'm here 'cause I like making chit-chat
Just remember what I said: the money's under your hat.

Bangs (bangs)
Are that on which the world hangs (bangs)
I'm only holding your hand (bangs)
So I can look at your
Bangs

Bangs (bangs)
Above your eyes your hair hangs (bangs)
Blow my mind, your royal flyness
I dig your bangs (bangs)

Bangs
To drape across your forehead (bangs)
To swing concordant angles
As you incline your head (bangs)

Can you murder with your style, believe it when you've heard it
When the jury and the judge return and read the verdict

Bangs (bangs)
Are that on which the world hangs (bangs)
I'm only holding your hand (bangs)
So I can look at your bangs

Bangs

No comments: